5.2.19

Quality Miles Monday - Tempo Run

Plan: The workout was written as 20mins easy running, 20 mins tempo (11:15-10:45), 10mins easy running.
Actual Mileage: 5.21 miles.
Route: It's a skating rink outside.  I was on the treadmill.
Weather: It's a skating rink outside.
Wardrobe: It felt really good to wear shorts and a shirt and get all sweaty.
Execution:
10 minutes walking warm up on the treadmill - this was not written into the plan, but I always need a longer warmup than my coach writes
20 mins easy: started at 4.1mph for 10mins and upped that to 4.2mph for 10mins
20 mins tempo: 6 mins at 5.4mph, 6 mins at 5.5mph 4-5mins at 5.6mph and last couple mins at 5.7mph.  Though my Garmin thinks I was going significantly slower than that.  Jerk.
10 minutes easy: 4mins at 4.3mph (this felt soooo sloooow), 4 mints at 4.2mph, 2 mins at 4.1mph
15 minutes walking cool down
Nutrition: No.
From today, I learned: 20 minutes of solid work.  I tried to break it down inside the 20 minutes, like six minutes at a time, and then break it down inside of that when I could.
Bonus: I absolutely fell into this book on the treadmill run. I can't put it down

No comments:

Post a Comment