3.2.19

Marshmallow Training - 14 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: Long run was moved to Saturday of week 15.  Easy 3-4 Miles.
Sunday actual: 3.18 miles around Mom and Dad's neighborhood.
From today, I learned: As always, running down hill is a blast!

Monday Planned: Tempo run.
Monday actual: 4.65 miles with 5x4:00 tempo
From today, I learned: This was a fun one.  Pacing outside is harder than on the treadmill.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 miles
Tuesday actual: 1.29 miles in Cincinnati before coming home to the bitter bitter cold
From today, I learned: 18* can be warm!

Wednesday Planned: 6 miles easy, lift weights?
Wednesday actual: Run 1.08 miles outside
From today, I learned: Coldest run of the streak? I dressed a bit too warm actually.  My gym is closed again tomorrow, so I have another crack at getting the wardrobe right!

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles
Thursday actual: Run 3.18 miles.  Outside.  While it wasn't quite as cold as yesterday, it was really freaking cold.  I ran laps around the block.
From today, I learned: I learned to rotate my buff as the section over my mouth and nose started to freeze so I'd have a fresh spot to breathe through.

Friday Planned: 5 miles easy, lift weights?
Friday actual: 4.43 miles on the treadmill, mostly easy. Why this distance?  That's 1:05 on the treadmill, as far as I can go at the gym without resetting.
Weights: I did front squats and dead lifts but no arms.  I apparently injured my shoulder by sleeping incorrectly or something.  Overhead lifts didn't seem like a great idea.
From today, I learned: So much fun to be running and sweaty and HOT.  Because that hasn't been the case outside for quite some time.

Saturday Planned: 5 miles easy
Saturday actual: 5.38 miles outside.  Strava says I haven't run this route since September.  I believe it too. 
From today, I learned: This was a good time to assess sidewalk conditions.  Basically, there is a snow crust, but not a ton of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment