17.2.19

Marshmallow Training - 12 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: 12 Miles Long Run
Sunday actual: 10.33 miles outside, 2 miles cooling down inside on the track
From today, I learned: Don't trust the weather channel

Monday Planned: Hill Repeats, Monday Abs, Lift Weights
Monday actual: Hill repeats moved to next week.  Tempo run on the tread mill accomplished. Abs accomplished.  Weights not accomplished becuase my knee felt funny.
From today, I learned: I should've been doing more squats all along.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 Miles
Tuesday actual: 1.08 miles outside.
From today, I learned: I'm calling this my mile of grumpiness.  Only a small part of the sidewalk was cleared so there was a lot of back and forth.

Wednesday Planned: 7 Miles, easy, Lift Weights
Wednesday actual: 6.34 miles outside.  The snow crust was 'squishy' or 'sandy' in some places, so not icy but not great footing.  Weights accomplished.
From today, I learned: My knee still feels funny.  Tomorrow, I will run my mile inside, do more squats, and avoid the snow.

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles
Thursday actual: 1.16 miles inside on the track with a more dedicated warm up for my knees
From today, I learned: I googled "my knees collapse when I squat" and found pre-hab exercises to do; I'm working them in.

Friday Planned: 5 Miles, easy, Lift Weights
Friday actual: 5 Miles in the morning before work on the track.  This was one of those days my heart rate stayed super low and I felt great the whole time.
Weights were done in the afternoon.  That felt like a struggle of logistics, but weights themselves were good.
From today, I learned: Around lunch, the parking lot gets full at the downtown gym.

Saturday Planned: 5 Miles, easy 
Saturday actual: 13.31 miles long run, moved from Sunday because it's supposed to snow tomorrow
From today, I learned: Well, I checked the weather forecast and believed it which is different than the previous long run.  Also I used different water bottles that did not freeze, so I've got a lot going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment