14.12.18

Friday Five

Y'all, it's been forever since I've done a Friday Five.  This one spoke to me. 
Original questions here.

1. Do you enjoy receiving books as holiday or birthday gifts? 
I like the idea of someone else recommending a book.  I want to like getting a book, but I normally do audio books.

2. What book are you reading (or, what is the last book you read)?

Just read Eleanor Olipahnt is Completely Fine, finished yesterday.  Started New York 2140 today.

3. Are you enjoying (or, did you enjoy) that book? Why or why not?
Eleanor Olipahnt is Completely Fine: adorred and was bummed when it was over.  Thought I do think the author ended it in the right place, story wise, I was just so happy for her I wanted to hear more.
New York 2140: am liking so far.  This is one of very few books I've listened to with multiple narrators/readers.  I find it at times distracting and at times super engaging.

4. About how many books do you read in an average year? 

This is the first year I've counted.  My goal was 50 and I may end up around 60.  I drive all of the time for my job so I listen to a lot of books that way.

5. What are some of the books on your to-read pile (or list)?

I have some Jane Austen books I've never read and also the Artemis Fowl series.  From recommendations I also have Octavia Butler and Ruth Ware books on my list.  I have a friend who will only read books written by women who have at least one female protagonist.  I'm not totally that strict, but I do find it a useful guideline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment