17.11.18

Cincinnati: Bonus trip

It occurs to me, I never talked about a quick trip home.  I found a great ticket deal on Frontier Airlines and bought a quick ticket to get home.  The ticket was a no-frills situation, meaning my seat wasn't assigned ahead of time and I couldn't bring anything except a personal item (read: SMALL backpack).  I was okay with that.  I'd read the 'fine print' and knew what I was getting myself into.

Friday:
Early: I got up to run, and prepped to head out the door.  I did the bus-light rail combination to get to the airport.
Flight: I was in seat 1B.  Calm down.  There's no first class on this plane.  I've never sat that close to the front before.
Cincinnati: Mom fetched me at the airport.  After the obligatory Skyline stop, we headed over to see Grandma.  I had a bonus visit with a cousin who is in Texas by way of California and Ohio.  We had a great visit with each other and with Grandma.
That evening we had supper and then Mom, Marge, and I saw Christmas at Pemberly which I adored. The actor who played Arthur reminded me of David Hyde Pierce (and I can pay no higher compliment).  It was a good time.  With Ribbons!

Saturday:
Morning: I had a run on one of my favorite trails in Cincinnati.  It's all down hill at the end.
Visit 1: Dad and I went over to see Grandma.  We woke up her up around 10:30am, like a teenager.  I was a little worried at first but we had a great visit.
Afternoon: We had a date in Kentucky to see some of my favorite people in the world.  It was Master Luke's birthday.  He got a copy of 'The Hobbit' because he hadn't read it yet.  I asked for a call or letter so I could know what is his favorite part.  (Personally I like when Bilbo puts them in the barrels and floats the drawves down the river.)
Evening: I saw my 'downstairs Mom and Dad' (they need a much better Blog name) and Marge again for supper.  Then all of us went to see Colette.  I went as an "I'd like to see downstairs Mom and Dad" but was pleasantly surprised at the movie itself.

Sunday:
Morning: Guess where I went for a run.
Morning Bonus: I got a big mug of coffee, came back, and watched the NYC Marathon.  I was shocked my Mary Keitany and stoked to see Shalane come back and take 3rd.
Lunch-ish: We had a family shopping trip to buy food for supper and prepare some of it.
Afternoon: We hung out with Grandma.
Evening: I got a visit from some of my favorite people north of the border.  Cousin has been married for the last 18 months, but with Super Mom for much longer than that.  Super Mom's baby was born late March.  My visit was chiefly with Super Baby.  Super Mom asked to see some older pictures of our family and we found some gems where cousin and I were 4 or 5. Super Baby has her Dad's ears.  Dad's ears are also my Uncle Jerry's ear's and my Grandpa's ears.  Just saying.

Monday:
Morning: Just one more time for the trail run, right?
Last coffee and visit with Grandma.
Lunch/Afternoon: Mom and I actually had a great time shopping for office furniture and beds.  And I got one last Skyline lunch into me.
Evening/night: Ask me about flying home.  It wasn't bad service, but it showed me what happens when a smaller airline with fewer planes hits a delay.  Happily, I did make it home in time to vote, which was my ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment