12.10.18

Day of the Girl Relay

Plan: Ragnar is having the Day of the Girl challenge to benefit a women's running group in Ethiopia.  Y'all know this is my thing, right?
Route: On the Greenway for the most part, and then finish with a walking cool down on the track.  It's too cold for this crap.  (5.24 miles on the Greenway, 0.47 miles on the track for a cooldown).
Weather: It was 37* and 17mph winds.  Running into the wind was not super fun, but running with the wind on the way back was really a blast. (Almost literally.)
Wardrobe: Pants, long sleeve shirt, pull over, compression socks, Merrel shoes. I did not wear gloves and slightly regretted that decision for a minute.  Did I tell you about the wind?
Execution: So, I wasn't looking at my watch for a while because my sleeves were pulled up so high.  But when I did look at my watch, I was thrilled to see my HR in the low 130s and me just trucking along like always.
From today, I learned: Running into the wind is good practice for not "fighting" the wind.  Running with the wind is fun because it just is.
Bonus: So gar over 6,000 miles have been logged. Mine are already recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment