10.9.18

Long Run Sunday - another day on the river flats

Plan: Run the same route as the last long run.  Let the heart rate creep a little higher, but still use the heart rate monitor.  (My watch was set to beep at 153bpm vs the usual 145bpm.)
After the run, do Sunday weights and Sunday abs.

 
Route: I really like the route from my last long run so I used it again. I'm not too strict on how I wind my way through downtown.  I just follow the streets that give me a green light to cross.  My Garmin got a little lost today among all the buildings.
Weather: Started off in the 50s, ended in the 60s.  Sunny and a slight bit of wind. This was a great day.  It was cool enough that I could really enjoy the run without over heating.

Wardrobe: Nike guys shorts, my all shirt, visor, wool socks and my purple skora shoes.  Those are the shoes I wore last year on race day, and probably will again, so why not practice in them? 
Execution: I was really happy with this run.  My heart rate did get a little wild at the end, but it felt better than the last long run, and I felt more in control during the later miles than I did last time when I threw in some walks.
Weights went much better than last week when I had to abandon. I used a 12kg bell for squats and high pulls, and a 6kg bell for sets 7,6,5 of overhead press, then an 8kg bell for the remaining sets. 
Nutrition: Pre run: Avocado.  During the run: A sip of water, literally.  Maybe I should just not carry water on these runs any more?  It's getting to be kind of a hassle.  After the run, a Larabar and Coffee with cream for the bus ride home.

Bonus: This was the first Vikings home game.  Game time was 12pm.  I wasn't bothered by the Vikings people while I was running, but Caribou had a line out the door for coffee, and the bus got caught in traffic getting home. So in the future, I think I'll probably check the schedule and plan ahead for game days.

No comments:

Post a Comment