11.9.18

Bonus Long Run

Plan: This run is not about pace.  This run is about listening to my body.  This run is about understanding what my body does on hills. And have fun!

Route: Baker Park Reserve - I'll ask Strava in a minute how long it is since I've been here, but for sure over a year.  I've missed this place so hard. 

Weather: Started in the 50s and some wind.  It was a bit chilly at the start.  Super sunny and gorgeous day.

Wardrobe: Shorts, tank, road/trail shoes.  I wore my bearcat colors today.
Execution: I had a blast.   I ran hard, but not so hard I was miserable.  I am purposefully not looking at my splits yet, because today was not about pace.
Nutrition: Half a salted avocado before the run, then hard boiled eggs wrapped in prosciutto afterwards and two cans of La Croix.

From today, I learned:
I need to have Saturday races in my head in addition to the 10-miler, which has been my biggest focus.
I can run well when I listen to my body.
My mantra for the hills was 'fly' or 'pick up my knees and fly away' and my mantra for all the other times was 'flow'
I can run well on some hills, and looking at the ground about 6 feet in front of me was really helfpul
I need to have a Saturday nutrition plan, because I ran hard and now I do not want anything to eat.  That will not go well on race weekend.

Bonus: I absolutely froze to death on the way home.  It was in the 60s and I had the heat and my seat heater on.  That's another thing to remember for race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment