19.8.18

Long Run: Cincinnati Hills Style

Plan: Do this route, I can turn around early if I want, and try to keep the heart rate in check.
Route: I was staying with Mom and Dad so I did this route again.  It's part of the Flying Pig course, so I'm visualizing myself doing that next year.
Weather: Started in the high 60s and crazy humid.  It warmed a bit but not ridiculous.
Wardrobe: I wore my old Minimus shoes that I keep at Mom and Dad's with my Illuminite shirt and shorts.  I just wasn't down with the reflective vest today.  I had on a visor too.  Obviously no sunglasses since i left at 5:40am.
Execution: I was pretty happy with the way this went. Heart rate got a bit wild later in the run.  I expected that.  The end of the run has a couple hairy hills and I walked a bit.  Also, this was a big jump in mileage for me, so I knew I'd be tired.
Nutrition: I ate nothing before hand.  I carried no water.  I carried a Lara Bar but didn't eat it.  I was crazy thirsty when I got home and had all of the fizzy water.

Bonus: Did I tell you about seeing sunrise along the river?

No comments:

Post a Comment