7.7.18

We Walk 12 Weeks to Go

Plan: Walk 6 miles.  Dungeon Master has a 5K later tonight where she will complete the rest of her 'long walk' mileage
Route: 2 laps of Palmer Lake
Weather: It was in the 80s and sunny, but breezy and not too humid.  I did not dump water on myself every five minutes like last time we were here, so that's an improvement.
Wardrobe: I started with my grey shorts and blue biking shirt, took off the shirt and was only in a sports bra for the second lap.
Execution: It was a nice day for a walk.  I told Dungeon Master I had no trouble getting ready for this, because "it's only six miles".  After some of the really long walks, this feels like an easy 3 to me.
Nutrition: I woke up and ran this morning, then had a breakfast of chicken, avocado, and bacon, and then walked.  I had water on the walk but nothing else.  I had coffee with cream after and it was heavenly.  Related to nutrition we had a discussion about rewards, and "food rewards".  My reward for after this walk was sitting in my pool all afternoon. 

Bonus: I'm very upset because I think I killed a baby frog.  Dungeon Master told me I'd out evolved the frog and not to feel bad.  I didn't cry for fear of judgement, but I was in a bad place.
I sort of missed T-13 weeks.  It was boiling and Dungeon Master did her workouts inside.  I walked a couple track miles with her and then I was done.  Turned out to be an okay decision because the next day I did my long run on that same indoor track and it was brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment