3.6.18

We Walk- 17/16 Weeks To Go

Plan: Walk for 2 hours and 20 minutes, up from 2 hours last weekend.
Route: Walked counter clockwise around Palmer Lake for 1:10, then turned around and walked the other way for 1:10.
Dungeon Master was all "let's do this other thing...." and I was all "No.  That's too far."  That's been me for all of the training sessions we've had.  "No.  That's too far."
Weather: Astonishingly windy. It was in the 60s but the real feels was in the 50s. No rain.
Wardrobe: I think I'm done with my Altras.  They are rubbing the soles of my feet in a way I  don't like when I walk.
Altras, compression socks, shorts, biking top (because of the pockets in the back), arm sleeves, and sometimes a shirt on top of that.
Execution: We did really well. We held about a 20min/mile pace the whole time.
Nutrition: I had a canteloupe, bacon, eggs before the walk.  (But after an 8 mile run and lifting weights.) I had an RX bar, two salt tabs, two bottles of water on the walk.  Afterwards I had half an avocado and 3 hard boiled eggs. I'm full just looking at that.
Bonus:  Tried to get a picture of us.  We are out of focus but the grass looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment