10.6.18

Loony Challenge - 18 Weeks To Go

Weekly Miles Planned: 31
Actual: 32+ miles run; 14 miles walked. 

Long Run Miles Planned: 8
Actual: 8.4 on Sunday. That was a long way.

Sunday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout, Sunday Abs
Actual:
Run: 8.4 miles Avg HR 136. This run was starting around 5:30am.
Sunday Kettlebells - done.  Most of the shoulder press are now done with a 10Kg weight, though the last set still with an 8kg bell.
Sunday abs - increased the 'working' sets to 37 seconds (building up to 50 or 55)
Bonus walk with Dungeon Master - 7 miles at Palmer Lake
Nutrition: Let's talk about all of the food I've eaten so far and how hungry I still am. I had this moment on my run where I was all 'I'll just run over to Birchwood and get a savory waffle' in my head.  And I was really enjoying that idea until other me in my head was all 'WTF.  You are on Whole30.  No Waffles!' Sigh.
Instead I'm marinated a pork chop for supper and a flank steak for lunches for the week and trying not to think about waffles or anything nice.

Monday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Plyos
Actual: Run: 8 miles mostly at intervals of running 4 minutes and walking 2 minutes (after I ran my mile) becuase it was crazy hot.  Last week I realized I'd rather run slowly in the heat than go indoors and deal with the treadmill, track, or elliptical. I am what I am.
Plyos: 3 sets of 8 after the run.  I'm considering doing these at the start of the run because I'm usually toast afterwards.
Nutrition: Still going strong on the Whole30 that I've modified to survive the next 18 weeks. Happy I packed lunch for after the run.  It's the summer so I've also started packing a fizzy water, something that does not happen during the winter.

Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: Run 5.25 miles in the morning.  Avg HR 137
Weights - Tuesday weights in the afternoon.  I've been squatting 95lbs for a while now, and it's so much weight I don't ever want to do more.  My arms, on the other hand, are getting a bit stronger and it's possible I'll add weight to them sometime this year.
Nutrition: Went out to Chilis with Pooky Bear and Qat Lady.  I had a steak, broccoli and mashed potatoes.  The potatoes almost certainly were not W30 compliant but whatever.

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.24 miles.  Happy Global Running Day.
Nutrition: I had banana pancakes.  I flaunt the 'no pancakes' rule on W30.  I am what I am.

Thursday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual:  Run: 4.5 miles around Lake Nokomis.  Avg HR 138.  Enjoyed the weather.
Weights: Thursday weights.

Nutrition: My first meal was at 2pm and it was bacon and eggs. Is that good or bad?  My first meal was so late because I woke up late, worked out, got coffee, and went to Bed Bath and Beyond for a couple things I've been wanting for a while.

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.2 miles in the morning.
Nutrition: Managed not to screw anything up yesterday.  I'll take it.

Saturday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Plyos
Actual: 3.88 miles run around Bde Maka Ska, Avg HR 140.  7 mile walk around Isles with Dungeon Master.  I did manage to get Plyos done as well.
Nutrition: So far, I've had an RX Bar, half an avocado, and 4 hard boiled eggs.  Now I'm sitting on the couch drinking coffee and planning on relaxing most of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment