10.2.18

Whole30 Day 5

Pre workout and post workout meals: I am surprised to tell you that I did have two hard boiled eggs wrapped in prosciutto before the workout.  Banana with cashew butter post workout.
Breakfast and Lunch: Let's be honest here.  Sweet potatoes, eggs, bacon, coffee
Snacks: Dried Apricots
Supper: Leftover chicken, roasted cauliflower, spinach, toasted prosciutto
Exercise: Run 4 miles, Zumba.  I was tired after Zumba.
Shopping: I am equally surprised to tell you that I did not go shopping today.
Cooking: Frozen berries. And now I'm all 'how do I explain this?  Breakfast, supper.
Thoughts: The Frozen Berries thing in a way that's Whole30 Compliant:
  • Buy a big bag of frozen berries (think Costco size)
  • Put 1/4 to 1/3 of the berries in a pot, put the pot over low-medium heat, let the berries cook down.
  • Add a few more berries in.  Let them cook down some.
  • Add the rest of the berries.  Stir.  
I pack these in single serving tupperwares and freeze them.  Then I thaw as needed.
They go really well over chia seed pudding.
There is a non-Whole30 way of doing this.  I believe corn starch and possibly sugar are included.  I find it sweet enough and thick enough on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment