7.2.18

Food Habits?

I spend entirely too much time on Lifehacker.  As I was hanging out there I read this article asking for the dirt on people's food habits.  Since I'm coming to the end of Whole30, this is on my mind anyways.

What’s your favorite processed, totally craptastic food you enjoy more than homemade?  Butter popcorn. The already popped butter popcorn you can buy at the gas station.  Butter flavor popcorn is legit hard to find.  Cheese popcorn is ubiquitous. 

Do you have a daily habit you cannot break? Running?  Oh, no, this is about food.  Coffee.  I guess I could try to break that habit but I don't want to.  I don't even feel bad about wanting coffee every day.

Have you managed to make any positive, healthful food or drink changes this year? I'm on day 37 of Whole30.  I will not stay on the super strict regime for the whole year, but I probably will do it again this year as I prepare for more races.

What meal planning or prep work helps you not eat like crap during the week?  Making all my lunches ahead for the week.  Sometimes I make breakfast the night before as well.  (Lots of hard boiled eggs.)

Do you watch TV while you eat?  Yes, when I'm alone.  No when I'm with others.  Unless I'm specifically there to watch something.  I dated a guy once who always wanted to watch TV while we ate and it was not my jam.

Where do you eat most of your meals?  I legit eat a significant portion of my meals in my car.  Sometimes breakfast and almost always lunch.  At home, I eat on my couch if I'm alone, at my table if I have people over. 

Do you eat at your desk at work or do you make an effort to change your scenery? LOL.  Did I tell you how much I eat from my car?  I remember when I had an office with a microwave and I could prepare this wide variety of food every day.

Have you ever stuck to a diet change long-term?  For most of 2017 I kept pasta and crackers and bread out of the house. And it kept a significant amount of weight off.  I know this because when pasta came back in my house around Christmas, the weight did too.

What made this diet change work?  It helped me to see nutrition as part of race training.  Which is why I didn't keep it up at  the end of last year when race training was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment