30.12.17

Christmas Eve Supper - remember for next year

Christmas Eve Supper was a super hit this year.  So much so that I feel a lot of pressure to recreate the drama next year.  So I'm writing this mostly for myself. 

Appetizers:
  • Olives for Uncle Spaghetti.  Mom picks these out.  This year they came from Jungle Jims which was even better.   
  • Manchego Cheese.  Dad needed the instruction to get this kind of cheese.  All that we put out was gone.
  • Goat cheese, pears, crackers, nuts just all around the room in different places. For next year, Dad needs more instruction on the Crackers.  I should tell him to get Sea Salt Nut Thins.  He got all these flavored things that didn't go well with the cheeses or pears.
  • Plated crackers+goat cheese+sliced pears.  Those were all gone too.  Apparently Mom didn't even get to have any.

Main Dish
  • Kale Salad.  Mom insisted and made the salad.  Apparently it comes from a book called 'The Omni Diet' and they are okay with meat.
  • This Flank Steak.  Chef Cousin says I shouldn't have washed the meat. I should've added the salt to the rub and let it sit longer.  Dad got two steaks.  We did one 4 mins/side, and one 6mins/side. For next year I need to remember to line the broiler pan and rack in foil.  Because, wow, dishes.
  • Sweet potato 'fries' cooked in Ghee.
  • Roasted Garlic Puree for either the toast or the potatoes.  (Or the chicken Mom and Aunt Barb ate.)
  • Store bought Garlic Aoili also for the potatoes or the chicken for Mom and Aunt Barb
  • Homemade Cinammon, sugar, and ghee for the potatoes.  That stuff is legit and I've been spreading it on left over bread all day. 
Dessert 
  • Apple cobbler Dad cooked (also from Omni Diet I think?)
  • Graters Ice Cream.  I just had the ice cream.  Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment