1.10.17

Whole30 Day 6

Pre workout and post workout meals: Slice of smoked salmon before working out, after was breakfast
Breakfast: all the bacon, fried potatoes, 4 eggs, plus a hard boiled one walking out the door
Lunch: Adventures at the State Fair today - bacon wrapped shrimp; kombucha and fruit; gyro on a stick. 
Supper: Salmon shashimi, fried plantains, dragon beans raw, salted.  Dragon beans are the best things ever.  I wish growing season was longer
Snacks: I refer you to 'lunch at the fair'
Exercise: Long run Sunday, got up at 5am and it was awful. I don't remember feeling so crappy last time.
Shopping: None
Cooking: Breakfast and supper.
Chicken in pork broth, and currently cooking crock pot curry (with the chicken in it) as a back up supper for work nights when I don't want to cook but want a dish with veggies and proteins.  (Veggies are mushrooms and purple green beans.)
Thoughts: Trying to be 'whole30' at the fair definitely made me look for new foods and look at things in a different way.  But I'm glad this wasn't my first round of Whole30 and I didn't get so anxious about 'what oil was this cooked in?'
#2 - I have hit the point in my life when I had to look on Urban Dictionary for the word 'cankles' because it came up in conversation today.
#3 - Maybe we need to give 'purple green beans' a new name? 

No comments:

Post a Comment