1.10.17

Whole30 Day 14 - Taking Control

Pre workout and post workout meals: Smoked salmon.  During workout was slightly salted water, part of a Larabar.  Post workout was breakfast
Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, potatoes
Lunch: The rest of the Larabar that I didn't eat while I was running.  Breakfast apparently filled me up.
Snacks: None so far.  Good to know I'm not turning to comfort food in my grumpy sad state.
Supper: Leftovers from last night (chicken, dragon beans and mushrooms with sesame seeds) plus cantaloupe and snap pea pods.
Exercise: Ran 11.67 really discouraging miles, really slowly.  But it helped me make a new game plan for race day.
Shopping: None.  I try to stay inside when everyone else has Monday off too.
Cooking: Currently making pulled pork.  (It's in the crock pot cooking itself.  Will need to be 'pulled' around 9pm tonight.)
Attempted to make coconut butter.  So far am failing miserably.  It's been blending forever and just will not 'butter'  Nuts are far easier.
Thoughts: I'm going to say, the way I remember things, I felt much better on Whole30 in round 1 by this point.  But I was in a different point in my cycle when I started round 1, so maybe that has something to do with it?
#2 - So this isn't 100% whole30 so far because I've allowed butter in pretty much everything and cream in my coffee.  But today I tried coconut milk in my coffee again after feeling like crap, and I may slowly eliminate the dairy so it's gone the last 10 days.
#3 - Did you know that there are Coconut Cream Pie Larabars and Coconut Chocolate Chip Larabars and the packaging is nearly identical?  Learned that one the hard way.  Thank god this wasn't my first round.  I would've cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment