2.10.17

TC10K - Race Report

Start time: 7:15am at the State Capitol.

Weather: 45-50* for the start, some wind

Wardrobe: tank top, happy pants, compression socks, hat, Merrel shoes.  Plus sweats that I kept the bag check and arm warmers which relate to things that happened after the race.

Transportation: I took the 5:40am bus to the train, train to the start.  I really couldn't remember this from last time.
Route: Out and back on Summit Ave.  Start/finish is at the state capitol.  Should we talk about the hills?

Plan/Goals: My A goal for the race series is to be around 11:40/mile and my 'big scary goal' is anything faster than that.
My 'mind goal' for today was to run partly by pacing off the watch and partly by feel. Too fast is too fast.  Something has to be in the tank for tomorrow.

Execution: I ran this very much by feel and was pleased with how it turned out.  I did slow a bit in mile 4 or 5, on purpose.  Again, I have another race today and one tomorrow and there needs to be something in the tank.

Nutrition: I had an avocado, sliced and salted around 5am.  A few sips of water during the race but no food.  Post race I had a banana, half a Larabar and few more sips of water before the 5K.

Remember for next time: Transportation as noted above.
The leaders tend to come 'back' when I'm at about mile 2.
I tended to pass the back of the pack when I was at mile 4.
Corporate Team Challenge tent is heated which is a bigger deal than it sounds like.
Bring a coffee mug for post race coffee from Caribou!  (I totally did that this year and it was everything.)
 
Bonus: Found my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment