2.10.17

TC 5K - Race Report

Start time: 9am

Weather: Low 50s and some wind.  It was very crisp.

Wardrobe: tank top, arm warmers that were soon taken off, happy pants, compression socks, Merrel shoes, hat to sheild my eyes from staring into the sun


Transportation: 5:40am bus to the train, train to the start (so early because I ran a 10K before this race)

Route: New this year, the course is a loop/lollipop course.  There is a hill.  The loop is so much better than the old course, so much more room for runners.


Plan/Goals: My A goal for the race series is a 11:40 pace.
Goal for this race is stay around 12:00/mile because the 10K went so well
Leave something in the tank for tomorrow
Enjoy the awesome playlist I made specifically for the 5K

Execution: I haven't seen my final pace, but I think I did very well.  I was tired at the end of the race, but hopeful that I'll be able to deliver a similar performance tomorrow.  Update: Though I did very well pace wise, my heart rate monitor went off the rails a couple times. 214 indeed.



Nutrition: I had an avocado, sliced and salted around 5am.  A few sips of water during the 10K race.  Post 10K I had a banana, half a Larabar and few more sips of water before the 5K. There are no water stops during this race.

Remember for next time: New course for the 5K!
There are no water stops on the 5K
The end is less of a down hill than it looks (sorry)

Bonus: I'm very happy with the way this race turned out.  And no, I did not look at my results until after all of Loony was over.
Songs from the above mentioned 5K playlist include Levanatate - Pitbull and Fight Song - Rachel Platten


No comments:

Post a Comment