24.10.17

Running Goals - LOL

Thanks for this question, What are your running goals for the rest of the year?

A - Keep the streak alive.  This is always the main goal.  I run to take care of my body.  I run to enjoy my body.   Those seem like things worth celebrating every day.

B - Keep going with the MAF situation.  Maybe rest up a bit.  I'm noticing that when I decrease my mileage, my MAF pace actually gets faster.  So maybe this winter I'll run fewer miles per week and hope I get a lot faster.  While not running I'm sure I'll focus on weight lifting, with a dose of swimming or zumba or both thrown in.

C - Don't get hurt and don't mess anything up.  I mention this because last Monday I had an odd weakness/pain in my quad.  Like, my quad didn't hurt except when I tried to use it and it wouldn't fire, it'd just get weak.  I'm told this pain is called 'being over 35'.  It really freaked me out and I only ran my mile for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment