5.6.17

Survey Results

Thanks to HRG for the survey questions. 

1. If you could have one meal that was in your kitchen and waiting for you to eat each day after your run, what would it be?
Fizzy water, bacon, eggs, and potatoes.  If I wasn't doing whole30 it would be bacon, eggs, and fresh bread.  Fizzy water is non negotiable.

2. Would you rather have to eat 6 donuts or a large burrito in the middle of your next long run?
Donuts, for sure.  I feel like somewhere I ate donuts on a run one time, but I can't recall where now. 

3. If I handed you a $100 gift card to a running website (that has EVERYTHING running related)…  WHAT WOULD YOU SPEND THE $100 on (details are appreciated)?
I can never have too many pairs of pants.  Pants must have draw strings, none of this "wide yoga waistband" shit.  Backup options are shoes. Or socks.  Or anything  reflective.  Basically it would be gone and then I'd be spending my own money. 

4. Fill in the blank:  If it is ________________ outside, I will not run outside.  Would you then either choose to run on the treadmill or not at all?
Thunder/lighting/hail or ice.  Obviously I'd run inside on the track because a streak is a streak.

5. If you could go on a run with any famous person or famous athlete… WHO would it be?
An athlete that's not a runner, so I wouldn't be constantly comparing myself to them.  For runners it would be Meb.  He could run laps around me. Larisa Dannis or Pam Smith would be cool.  They could run laps around me while teaching me about trail running.

6. If you could go back in time and choose any race that you have done in the past and have that same experience all over again, which one would it be?
My first half marathon, because it was one of the only races with a 12:00/mile pacer.  And it turned out to be a fantastic race. 

7. If your best friend decided to become a runner today and you could give her one piece of advice, WHAT WOULD THAT BE?!
Slow down!  Seriously.  Just, however fast you think you should be, slow down.  Enjoy how your body feels, enjoy how strong you get, enjoy being outside, and don't worry about speed. 


8. What is one weird/different thing you do during your runs?
Have I mentioned the run streak?  Run at least a mile.  If I have intervals, etc, the warm up has to involve at least one mile of running so I'm legit.

9. What is your usual race/hard run reward afterwards? A food/drink/other?
My strong favorite is a bacon and egg hamburger with fries and a beer.  And whiskey.  No whiskey while I'm training.

10. What has been the biggest change in your running from when you very first started until now?
Since I took my current job (2014) I've found running trails all over the state.  Running after work has become and adventure and I love it.  I love all the things I get to see and do because of running.
A close second is the running streak, which has really kept me strong and moving even in the off season, and allowed me to explore some wonderful places.

No comments:

Post a Comment