19.6.17

2017 Loony Challenge: The Plan

I am registered again for the Loony Challenge, often referenced by me as "the loony bin".   I did Loony in 2014 and loved it so much that I repeated in 2015.   In 2016, I tried the Summit Challenge which was a fine idea but turned out not to be my thing.  So for 2017, I'm back to Loony.

We're about 15 weeks out right now, so I'm preparing my training calendar.  I'm keeping a similar plan to Flying Pig 2017 training, but not exactly the same. 
  • TRX/Kettlebell classes have been cancelled permanently at the gym.  Replaced with my own homebrew Kettlebell workout.
  • Tempo runs and speed workout is also out.  Replaced with: all my runs are supposedly going to be at MAF, at least until the last 4-6 weeks of training.
  • MAF Runs - oh lord, that's it's own topic and has definitely been an up and down process.

In general, here's my plans for training, including my weight lifting workouts

Building weeks (3 in a row)
Sunday: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout
Monday: 6-10 Miles at MAF
Tuesday: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Wednesday: 1 Mile Run, maybe Zumba?
Thursday: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Friday: 1 Mile Run
Saturday: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Maybe Zumba?

Step Back Week (one week, after 3 building weeks)

Weekly Goal Miles: 25, Long Run Miles: no more than 6
Sunday:1-6 Miles Run at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout
Monday: 1-6 Miles Run at MAF, Lift Weights
Tuesday: 1-6 Miles Run at MAF
Wednesday: 1 Mile Run, Maybe Zumba?
Thursday: 1-6 Miles Run at MAF, Lift Weights
Friday: 1 Mile Run
Saturday: 1-6 Miles Run at MAF


Weight Lifting Workouts:

Sunday Kettlebell Workout

All 5 sets of 5 reps
High Windmills
Suitcase Lunges
Triple Crush
Single Leg Deadlift
High Pulls

Tuesday
All: 2 sets warm up weight, 3 sets working weight.  5 reps each.
Heavy Squats
Barbell Rows
Dumbbell Bench Press
Abs?

Thursday
Assisted Pull Ups (I can’t wait until I can do a real one) 3 sets of 6
Dynamic Squats 2 sets warm up weight, 3 sets working weight.  5 reps each.
Overhead Press 2 sets warm up weight, 3 sets working weight.  5 reps each.
Dead Lift 1 set warm up weight, 1 set working weight, 5 reps each

No comments:

Post a Comment