28.8.16

TC 10 Mile - 7 Weeks to Go

Sunday
Planned: Long Run Hill Run
Actual: 7.95 miles, all the hills Cincinnati has to offer.  I don't have a 10-12 mile route in Cincinnati  and it seemed silly not to take advantage of the hills, so I swapped long day with hill day this week.


Monday
Planned: Hill Run  Long Run
Actual: 11.2 miles on the Minnetonka LRT trail.  This was not my favorite run ever, but I was happy to get out and visit this trail.


Tuesday
Planned: Low heart rate run, lift weights
Actual: 6.14 miles, Avg HR 133.  TRX/Kettlebell class.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile easy
Actual: 1.21 miles, 8 minute abs.

Thursday
Planned; 8-10 miles, Z3  Run by feel
Actual: 8.01 miles.  Run by feel worked really well.  For the main set Avg HR of 145. Go me!  Quick finisher of 10xsquats, lunges, calf raises, single leg dead lifts.


Friday
Planned: 1 mile easy
Actual: 1.23 miles in the morning before work

Saturday
Planned: Constant speed 2x 20 mins, 5 mins recover
Actual: Set 1 in 11:03/mile,  Set 2 in 11:31/mile.  This was not a good run.  First, I was wearing shorts that ride up like no other and I was wicked uncomfortable.  Second, I started out Set 1 waaaay too fast and paid the price.  I guess that's a good lesson for race day.  I don't know why I have to keep learning it over and over and over this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment