9.7.16

Running with Discipline - Race Week

Race and Recovery

Sunday
Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.23 miles, Avg HR 138.  Yoga for hips.  Downward dog is hard for me.  Sigh.

Monday
Planned: TCM Red White and Boom Half Marathon
Actual: Red White and Boom: Mission Accomplished.  When I got home I did a nice long foam rolling session.

Tuesday
Planned: 1 mile run, low heart rate, lift weights
Actual: 1.23 miles, Avg HR 129.  I tried this video but when I got to the part where she was all "we'll stay in child's pose for five minutes or so" I changed my mind.   Instead I did 15 minutes of Yoga after a crazy day of work.    Came to my senses and did not lift weights.  Recovery is recovery.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run, low heart rate
Actual: 1.23 miles, Avg HR 126, stretching

Thursday
Planned: 1 mile run, low heart rate
Actual: 1.24 miles, Avg HR 129.  Yoga for Runners

Friday
Planned: 1 mile run, low heart rate
Actual: 1.25 miles, Avg HR 126.  Yoga for Runners. Bonus 3 mile walk around Palmer Lake with a friend.

Saturday
Planned: 1 mile run, low heart rate
Actual: 1.22 miles, Avg HR 137, Bedtime Yoga

Thoughts:
We're 9 days into July and I've already done as much stretching as I did the whole month of June.  Recovery is recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment