24.7.16

Running With Discipline - Not running with discipline

These two weeks are 'down weeks' with very few training goals attached.  My self-imposed week off from running after Red White and Boom is over.  I want to use the next two weeks to ease back into things a bit before 10-mile training really starts.

Week 1 - Goal mileage: 20 
Actual - 14.4 miles run, 6.3 miles walked, 5.3 'miles' elliptical

Sunday
Planned: At least 1 mile
Actual: Run 1.24 miles, Avg HR 130.  Walk around Lake Harriet with Olive.

Monday
Planned: At least 1 mile
Actual: 1.23 miles Avg HR 122.    After the run I thought I'd try something new and give a Barre Workout a try.  I got a solid 8 minutes into the video before I was all "well, my next goal will be to make it for 1 full round of exercises".  Later I did  Yoga Before Bed.

Tuesday
Planned: At least 1 mile, low heart rate.  Lift weights.
Actual: 3.35 miles on the treadmill (because air conditioning) Avg HR 134 not including w/u and c/d; 65 minutes on the elliptical, TRX/Kettle-bell class.  Foam rolling.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run, low heart rate
Actual: 2.2 miles, Avg HR 136, on the treadmill because 20mph winds were not my thing today.   8 Minute Abs and Evening Yoga.  Originally I had grand plans for a longer and more challenging yoga routine, but I just wasn't feeling it when the time rolled around.

Thursday:
Planned: 4 miles
Actual: 4 miles on the track, Avg HR 139.  Today I learned my fancy new gym bag is too big for the lockers at the midtown gym.  Except it does fit in the lockers in the all gender locker room. So I got to try something new today.

Friday
Planned: 1 mile
Actual: 1.21 miles, Avg HR 123.  Bonus walk at Palmer Lake with a friend.

Saturday
Planned: 1 mile
Actual: 1.17 miles, Avg HR 132.  60 mins Zumba no one was more surprised than me that I was awake for this, and Evening Yoga to cap it all off.

Week 2 - Goal Mileage 25
Actual - 24.9. I'm calling it good.

Sunday
Planned: 1-4 miles
Actual: 4.16 miles Avg HR 138 (not including w/u and c/d)

Monday
Planned: Short distance, low HR
Actual: 3 miles of my heart rate being way too high.  I felt like crap.  Thanks hormones.

Tuesday:
Planned: Low HR run, lift weights
Actual: 1.23 miles run, no lifting.  I felt like garbage and decided to take it easy.  Recovery is recovery.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.23 miles run.

Thursday
Planned: 6-10 miles
Actual: 6 miles track workout.  I was mostly a grump.

Friday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 4.07 miles with a finisher.  I got up at 5am.  It was already 74* and over 70% humidity.  It was [not] a great run.

Saturday
Planned: Speed work or 4 miles.  Maybe Zumba?
Actual: 5.3 miles.  At 5am.  In 74* and 90% humidity.  When I got home, I went back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment