6.1.15

Toothpaste - bleh!

I'm going to be real here for a moment. 

I hate the taste of toothpaste. For serious.  Cannot stand it.  Which, as you can imagine, causes some serious issues for me and dental hygiene. 

One night, out of total desperation  I finally did a Google search for DIY toothpaste.  You should try it sometime.  Some of those recipes are really interesting.  What is diatomaceous earth anyways?  I don't know why it took me so long to figure out I could make my own non-gross toothpaste.  I found a recipe a while ago for homemade shampoo that I like, and I've been making my own laundry soap since about forever. 

Filtering through way too many recipes with ingredients I can't pronounce, I finally found this utterly simple, wonderful recipe.  Baking soda and salt. I know what those things are!  I know where to find them in the grocery store!  I did use some mint essential oil in mine too, but that was mostly because I had it on hand from making my own shampoo. Best of all, I think this took about thirty seconds to put together.  Not like the laundry soap.

So far on day two, I keep running my tongue over my teeth because I can't believe how much better they feel.  And I can't believe how much I don't mind brushing my teeth now, knowing I'm not going to get that nasty chemical taste in my mouth.  I'm now thinking about how I can carry this stuff while traveling without making TSA nervous for me having white powder in my carry on luggage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment