10.7.14

Running This or That?

I was reading this blog, which led me to this post which seemed like fun so here we go:

1. This or that: 5K or Marathon?
Run a marathon but train for a 5K.  Because I am lazy. 

2. This or that: flat race in the heat or hilly race in the cold?
This year, I am loving the heat.  I have no explanation.

3. This or that: new running shoes or a new running outfit?
New running shoes. The FedEx man is going to bring me a new pair of these on Monday.

4. This or that: run a marathon without headphones or Garmin?
I ran my most recent marathon without either run.  Staying near a pacer and having lots of friends to entertain me was most helpful.

5. This or that: race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
I'm probably a mix.  I'm not going to run a race just for the medal or SWAG if it's not otherwise well produced (hint hint Team Ortho).  This year I'm heading back to the Milk Run because of the included fair ticket and possibly the free coffee.

6. This or that: PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
Finish healthy.  My most recent marathon was one of my slower races, but perhaps my favorite.

7. This or that: 100 squats or 100 push ups?
Squats.  For sure.

8. This or that: run without socks or without sports bra?
No socks.  Is that weird?  Because I've done it before.

9. This or that: treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
Street block.  It's fewer laps than running on an indoor track for an hour.  I'm not a treadmill fan.

10. This or that: Ragnar Relay or Marathon Relay team?
Ragnar Relay.  For sure.

11. This or that: Naked run or naked yoga?
I'm ignoring this question. 

12. This or that: Come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in NYC marathon?
 NYC Marathon was my first reaction.  I wouldn't turn down the Olympics though.

13. This or that: give up running for a 3 years to get a BQ or never BQ but run as much as you want?
Run as much as I want because I can't see how stopping for 3 years would help me get closer to a BQ.  I'm pretty far away as it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment