10.6.13

Early Saturday Run - The only sunshine we'll have today

After yesterday's long run, I really had to force myself out of bed this morning.  I knew, though, that it was going to be the only sunny part of the day.  I headed over for an easy run around Lake Nokomis.  And by 'easy' I mean 'I'm so stiff I can barely move'.  I loosened up and felt pretty good by the end of the run.  I even snapped a few pictures.




After the run I headed over to Zumba, my favorite Saturday morning activity ever.  Zumba is hilarious becuase it starts out with like 20 people in the room and everyone walks in late.  So true to the culture that inspired the class...

I always wrap up my Saturday mornings with the Midtown Farmer's Market.  The growing season got going really late this year so there hasn't been much produce. This week we had lettuce, mint, rhubarb, asparagus and I saw a couple bunches of scallions at one place.  I was in need of eggs.  There's always a lot going on at the market; there's a lot of bakers, bread makers, canned items and all kinds of other prepared food.  And concerts and puppet shows and all kinds of stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment