3.4.13

Quick Cincinnati Vacation - Friday

Run - there was no hope of running any time once I started traveling so I set the alarm for 5:20am to make sure I woke up in time to run before leaving town.  It was dark outside.  I ran my mile and did not fall down which was about the best I could've hoped for.

Fly - I managed to convince a neighbor to wake up at 6:00am for airport transportation.  I bribed him with Carribou Coffee.  We when rolled up at the airport the security lines were insane.  Like "here's the line to get in the line" nutty. Luckily I knew the longest line was actually at the security checkpoint with the most scanners and the most agents so I got in the line to get in the line and tried to be of good cheer about the whole situation.  One of the agents promised it was only a 15 minute wait and I had plenty of time.  Once I got through the line and was sitting at my gate, I cracked up when I found this story all about the recent chaos of traveling through MSP.  I don't know if any of this is related to the sequester, certainly the parking ramp being full can't be blamed on the feds.




Drive - The plan was to fly to Cincinnati and then drive with the family up to northern Indiana for the rehearsal, party with family and the wedding.  Mom, Dad and Grandma fetched me from the airport and we were on our way.  Our first stop in Cincinnati was Skyline duh and the second stop was an outlet mall on the way up to Indiana.  Dad was hilariously grumpy about stopping to shop.  I had nowhere near the luck I'd had at the outlet malls in Florida but I got some earrings and Mom got some pants.   I was all ready for a nap at this point, especially since the previous two nights involved about five hours of sleep and I didn't sleep on the plane.  Instead, Dad handed me the keys and we headed up to northern Indiana to find family.




Family - We arrived in time for Dad to practice walking his baby sister down the aisle, and the rest of us headed over to the 'rehearsal dinner' which was more of a hanging out and enjoying everyone type situation.  We stayed with family the rest of the night until we headed back to the hotel for bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment