27.4.13

Hanging Out at Como Park

After this morning's run, the Qat Lady invited me out for lunch.  Outside.  At Punch Pizza.  If you're in St Paul and headed to Punch, go to the one on Grand Ave.  Qat Lady and I spent part of lunch lamenting that the in Highland just isn't the same. 


A strange set of circumstances led to us walking a dog around Como Lake before the Qat Lady headed off to work.  Como definitely had more ice on it than Hiawatha, but even the ice flows were breaking up and melting, and a fair amount of the lake was ice free.



After the walk I was all "I'm over here; I should see the Conservatory because that's a great place and I never really come see it.  So I did.  I was headed in as the hordes of school kids were headed out.  Perfect timing.  I looked at the zoo but none of the outdoor exhibits were opened so I didn't stay long.  The Conservatory built up a new entrance to the Japanese Garden and it's really nice.  Although the garden itself wasn't in bloom yet, it was still pretty peaceful to be out there.  The Sunken Garden is my favorite part of the space, because I imagine it's the room my mom would like most if she were visiting me.  The flowers today did not disappoint.  I'm glad I caught them because I heard the Spring Show ends this weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment