5.4.13

Don't Look Now

Don't look now, but I've actually been running outside this week.  I'm finally starting to have hope that Spring will come and I won't be cold and miserable and falling down for the rest of my life. I've been able to go outside and enjoy myself.  Every single one of these runs has been to the soundtrack of my own greatness.  (That means I didn't listen to music.)  Sunday and Monday I ran in Cincinnati.  I mentioned it here.  This weeks marks the first time in a while that I've done so many outdoor runs in Minnesota.

Tuesday I had the day off work.  Happy Passover   I spent most of the day cutting out stencils for shirt making.  Because I love my relay team.  I did find some time to take my new shoes out for a 4-mile test run.  Initial thoughts included "I've never had shoelaces so short" and "oh no..."  The shoe was cutting across my foot at the bottom of the laces and it was a very not good sensation, perhaps related to how tight I'd drawn the shoestrings so I could tie them.  After the run I relaced my shoes using one less eyelet around the ankle.





 Wednesday I had to go to work and there's really no way to explain how much I didn't want to do that.   I wisely packed running gear for the 50* high temperatures and ran right after work.  I ran another 4 miles, this time a hill route.  I wanted to puke the entire time because of poor planning around what time I consumed lunch.  I am happy to report that I did not puke, but it was touch and go for a while.  After running, I headed over to church and then home to finish shirts for my relay team.  They look really good.



Thursday I got up and ran with the St Paul girls including a couple of fasties.  I also cleaned off the shirts, and got them in their final 'ready to go' state.  When we finished Beth was all "why did that feel hard?" and I was all "Because I felt like Chrissy was chasing me for four miles".  Running with fasties keeps me honest so I like to do it from time to time.  Thursday included the bonus of Circuit Class and Zumba.




No comments:

Post a Comment