16.3.13

Now problematically addicted to Instagram

Not long after I brought home my shiny new iPhone 5, I started using Instagram.  Since I finally have an iDevice with a camera that isn't total shit.  Once I got to Florida I really had some time to play around with it, and I don't think I've posted a normal photo since.  Yes, you may call me a hipster.  What I initially liked about instagram, and still do, is the slick photo editing and filters that can make pictures look more interesting.  It syncs so easily with iPhoto and Flickr.  It's also made Postagram much more fun.  The best thing was I could edit photos on my phone on the fly, and put them up on the blog.

I think, though, that I'm a bit late to the party.  Or perhaps just not using instagram correctly?  Or using it to the fullest potential?  For example, I've never figured out hashtags.  I know what they are; I just don't know why I care.  Also, seems like there's whole groups of people who share photos based on pretty much anything.  There's groups about cars, one for people who live in Minnesota, I'm sure if I looked at all I could find one for people who run in the snow like me.  There won't be any shortage of instagram edited photos on this blog for a while (unless you have a cooler app I should know about).  Sadly, I plan to underutilize the app for the forseeable future.  Sigh. 




No comments:

Post a Comment