2.3.13

Long Run Friday - Seven Miles on Ice

It didn't feel like seven miles.  It was a fun, lazy, taking pictures kind of run today.  I woke up and had my new running rocket fuel or Chia Seed Pudding.  Worked great with my stomach, by the way.  Then I got on my cold weather gear and headed out.

I'd planned to do my regular seven miles around Lake Nokomis.  Around mile 1.5 I decided running along a frozen creek would be more fun.  I was all "my phone will tell me when I've run 3.5 miles so I can turn around".  Bonus.  3.5 miles was further than I would have thought, so it's good I consulted technology instead of guessing.

Minneapolis does keep trails clear all winter.  Yes, it's March and I'm still saying Winter.  Instead of plowing the bike and pedestrian trails, the city only plows the bike trails and asks winter athletes to share.  There's so few of us it's usually no problem.  I saw two bikers today by the creek, runners and walkers at Minnehaha Falls park, and one other runner by the golf course and he was flying.  He was also wearing Brooks Running ShoesYes, that is what I was looking at.  Sigh.

Despite the general awesomeness of the paths there were a few spots where it was touch and go, literally.  In some places ice had formed from snow melting onto the walks and in others people just hadn't cleaned off their sidewalks.  (City of Minneapolis at Bancroft Meadows - I'm looking at you.)  I'm happy to report that I did not fall.  What a difference from last March when all the snow had melted and I was running in shorts. 





   

No comments:

Post a Comment