4.2.13

Superbowl Sunday - How to run on Snow and ice

I felt like garbage most of the weekend.  Today I knew I needed to do a little work and frankly, I was too lazy to scrape off my car and go to the gym.  Also, I felt like crap and didn't want to go to the gym.  The moment it started to snow this afternoon, I knew I had a decision to make.  I put the extra effort in, and laced up the shoes and yak trax and headed out for a quick run.  As predicted, the moment I was moving I felt much better, and went for two miles instead of one.  Some sidewalks had been cleaned from the previous days snow, but some had not.  (City of Minneapolis - I'm looking at your not cleaned sidewalks.) 


At the end of my run, I saw a cyclist out and I thought he totally deserved a picture too.  (Those aren't even snow tires.)  I do live on a 'greenway' but it doesn't get plowed like they really expect bikes to use it all year.  Perhaps similar unplowed sidewalks.  Sigh. 



I came inside and did a quick "finisher' for the workout, since I was feeling so good.  20 knee repeaters on the left, 20 knee repeaters on the right, 20 squats, 20 tricep kickbacks, followed by 19 of each, 18... all the way down to 1.  That's a total of 210 of each.  It took me 17 minutes and I think I did 18 twice.  It's hard to keep track.

When I was done working out, I put on every pair of long underwear that I own and headed out the door to dinner and a movie.  Bonnie cooked.  I love it when Bonnie cooks for me. We saw "Silver Lining Playbook".  It was either a flawed movie or a flawed ending.  Personally, I think the movie was awesome and the ending was flawed but predictable.  My favorite part (not a spoiler) was when two of the characters ask each other "what drugs are you on?" and then compare notes on things like effexor, abilify and trazadone.  So damn funny.  Also, we were the only people in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment