25.2.13

Sunday Linkfest

It's been a while since I did a linkfest about what I'm reading.  Most of this week has been catching up on a huge backlog in my RSS feeds.  I mostly ignored the news while I was in Florida.  Here's a few interesting things I caught up on today:
  • Reading The Highland Villager - a summary since The Villager appears to be the only newspaper in the continental US that's not online.  The most helpful part is the discussion of the Ayd Mill Road drama.
  • Singapre in Nokomis - I've been to this restaurant.  Heavy Table is right on about all the food.  The article doesn't really acknowledge the service (or lack there of) for dine-in customers.  Food there takes forever (because the chef is good and makes it from scratch) so I've spent serious time waiting in their dining room.  Add to this, the soda is all in cans so it's not like refills are free.  I know it's little stuff but it makes sitting and waiting not the most pleasant experience.  I love this place but prefer to get carry out when I can.
  • How will the Sequester Impact Minnesota?  I have been living under a rock apparently (maybe just on vacation on not watching the news) because I wasn't even sure what this whole Sequester thing was for a while (still not sure really), but the Post has outlined how I will notice it.  Since Minnesota is 49th in the nation in getting money from the federal government, apparently it won't be as bad here as it will in other places.  Oh joy.  (Note - the Strib says 49th in the country and post says 48th.)
  • Twin Cities are the fastest driving metropolitan area outside of California.  Once I read the methodology, this made since.  I was also unsurprised to see we have a lower than average speed on the expressway.  Because I've been behind all you people at one time or another.
  • The Best Smartphone Camera - I was really interested in the results since I'm loving my new phone's camera.  (It's the highest resolution camera I've ever owned.)  I wasn't surprised that iPhone didn't have the best camera, also not surprised that it was basically a strong contender.  And the flash does really create a mess of a photo.
  • Bonus Link - Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Episode List.  This is what I watched while working with fabric during my day-long Ikea hacking session.

No comments:

Post a Comment