23.12.12

Weekend Workouts - Brrrr!

Running streak challenge: lives another week.  The challenge has been a fun one.  I think I'm running fewer miles than I have in a while (thanks, Marathon training), but also running more days per week.  I can't tell if I'm exercising less overall as well; I think it's a definite possibility, but I've stopped keeping track of my workouts 'till the end of the year so I don't have a spreadsheet to compare them.  Here's what this week looked like:

Monday was boring I just ran around the block.  I'm fairly sure I didn't even do anything interesting like going to the gym.  Sometimes, it's just putting one foot in front of the other.

Tuesday I headed out for a pre-Christmas run with the St Paul runners, and the first time I've done a true 4-miler in several weeks.  The meet-up with these girls is always funny because it's like a stand off to see who will get out of their car and stand in the cold first.

Wednesday I took another little spin around the block.  It was one of the few times the sun was shining.  That was nice at least.  I saw an hysterically funny 'chalkboard wisdom' moment at Caribou Coffee on my way to work.  Wednesday was also bowling fun day at work.  Wednesday was a long day.


 
Thursday I had to get up early and go, so I was running before the sun was up.  Yes I had reflective gear on.  There was a little bit of snow but I was in such a hurry I didn't even use Yak Trax.

Friday I did Jazzercise with my mom because precisely no one wanted to be outside.  (It was the wind more than the cold.) and then did a solo run just to keep the streak alive.


Saturday I had a little run after a Christmas party; definitely not enough to work off any of the food I'd eaten, but enough to make me feel like I was going to live.  It also started to warm up a bit and the wind died down from the day before.

Sunday morning came waaaaay too early.  I thought about running before Jazzercise but instead went after Jazzercise and before hanging out with a friend and her baby.  It's totally warming up and was almost 50* by the end of the afternoon. It was pretty warm for the run in the morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment