28.12.12

Vacation Christmas Eve - Day 4

Slept In: Finally.
Exercise: Mom and I hit Jazzercise and 940am and then I ran after class.  It was raining when I ran.  How excited was I?

Lunch: I required more goetta, as well as eggs.  I cooked for Mom and Dad too, but they preferred soup to eggs.  Sigh.
Shopping: Mom wanted a Kroger trip because there's snow in the forecast and like any good southerner, she must be stocked up.
Cooking: I really don't have to cook a lot this trip, but I did make Chicken Salad for a Christmas lunch which I will not be joining.  (My Christmas present to myself is not watching my Mom's OCD as much as possible.)
Dinner Christmas Eve dinner was with my Uncle, cousin and his partner, the only family I have on Mom's side.  We went to Bucca Di Beppo and had an excellent time.  We pretty much decided we should do it every year.  No one had to cook and no one had to clean.  Perfect.
Christmas Lights We headed over for a quick tour of the lights in St Bernard.  This year the 'Happy Birthday Jesus' house was the clear winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment