2.12.12

Running Streak - November Update

A while ago, I made this goal to run at least a mile every day until the end of the year.  The goal started as part of this health challenge thing.  The health challenge was ultimately not for me, but I kept up the running streak.  It was as much a surprise to me as anyone else.

November set a couple of 'records' for me.  This is the fewest miles I've run in quite some time.  (Not training for a marathon will do that for me.)  It's also the most days I've ever run in a month, but most of the days I only ran the requisite one mile to continue the streak.  I ran every day this month, and Nike gave me an award for it.  Hilarious.


I've run every day since October 14th, but there were a couple days in October where I used the elliptical instead of running.  When I made up the rules for this streak in my head, I decided the elliptical would be okay as a form of running, because I'd always used it in marathon training.  However, the Nike+ system doesn't work with the ellipticals in my gym and I just could not handle the October report making it look like I'd missed days.  (October 7th was the marathon and then I took a week off before starting the streak.  October 19th and 25th were ellitpical workouts.)

I chose 1 mile per day because that is the minimum for the United States Running Streak Association.  (These people do not honor ellipticals as part of their running streaks but I wanted to take my challenge slightly less seriously, at least to try it out.)  If I ever really sign up with these people, I guess I'd have to use October 26 as my cake day instead of October 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment