19.11.12

Weekend Workouts - Lake Harriet Run

This was another successful week of workouts, although some were hilarious.
 
Monday I went for a short run in the snow, just enough to keep the streak alive.

Tuesday I went for a longer run over large patches of ice in very cold temperatures.

Wednesday I headed out with Team:Work reflective vests and all.

Thursday I went out for a four-miler on my own and took some nice pictures along the way.

Friday I had a mile run home from the mechanics and then stayed inside avoiding the weather the rest of the day.

Saturday I had Zumba, a little run and a long bike ride around the river to celebrate the great weather.

Sunday I headed out for a long run around Lake Harriet.  It was about 50* when I set out.  Everyone else was happy to be out too so the lake was fairly packed.  (Lake Harriet is everyone's favorite lake and everyone comes here to enjoy a walk.)  I actually ran pretty fast (for me) around the lake, especially considering the number of pictures I stopped to snap.  I even caught some bikers actually using the River Lake Greenway on the way home.  (I'm so happy to see you all.)





After the run I did the "plank to failure" thing, just to remind my abs that they exist.  I was able to hold it for 1:30, my longest ever.  And it hurt when I was done.  Sucking wind at the end of the workout...
     

No comments:

Post a Comment