26.11.12

Thankful Thursday - RUN!

Morning: For Thanksgiving, I celebrate by doing my own private Turkey Trot, to burn off tons of calories and make room for more later.  See here for last year's exploits.



    

My goal this year was to do the 5:2 again, for at least two hours.  I wound up doing 2:06 minutes (because that's the number of minutes that's divisible by 7).  The agreement I have with my aunt, who worries about me, is that I will stay in their subdivision and not go on any country roads.  It's better for me because there's no shoulders on the roads and I'm not familiar with the way people drive around here.  Drivers in the subdivision are very pedestrian friendly.  Here's how the run turned out:



Lunch and early afternoon: When I got back, I talked to some relatives on the phone, had breakfast, showered, had lunch, and then napped.  I napped hard.   I also had the living hell scared out of me when Mom told me her doctor "gave me a test to see if my pancreas was working too hard, and he said my blood sugar was high" and then proceeded to tell me that Type II diabetes may run in our family.  Watch me keep running.  Mom pointed out that she hadn't been exercising as much (thanks to finishing her PhD) so I made her go on a walk.

 Family also started to show up, and we started carving the turkey.  Supposedly there were 20 people in the house, maybe more.  I lost count.




Dinner was awesome, as usual.  I had turkey, gravy, stuffing, sweet potato awesome, green beans, creamed corn and cranberries.  When I had my second helping of cranberries a bug crawled out of them and Aunt Mary excused me from finishing that helping.  After dinner, we went out for one more walk.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment