28.11.12

Running with a sinus infection

I don't think I have a full on sinus infection, but my face has hurt pretty much all day.  I tried everything.  I got up and got in the pool, I hit the hot tub, took a hot shower and got in the sauna.  When that didn't work, I took Sudafed (possibly my biggest mistake), then had a hot coffee.  I drank tons of water to flush everything out.  All of my remedies failed.

Then I took a 10-minute run, to get my mile for the day.  Oh look, no pain.  Running, I love you!  I actually knew this was going to work but was surprised that such a short run did the trick.  Qat Lady would want you to know that running is a natural vaso-dilater meaning when you run, vessels and sinuses get bigger and shit drains out.  I also got out my humidifier which will remain on until spring.

Seen on multiple runs this week: Sunset at 4pm.  Excellent.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment