29.10.12

Why do my calves hurt after running on the elliptical?

This has been a rougher than average week.  Here's how it all went down.

Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday - Hello panic attacks, my old friend.  I haven't seen you this much since I started grad school.  Go away.  Sunday at the Corn Maze during a constant panic attack was awesome.

Monday - Starting to get some relief from the panic attacks, not gone yet.  I went to the Magna challenge meeting and did a brief workout there.  I did my 1-mile run in the dark when I got home.

Tuesday - Plan for managing the panic attacks: accomplished.  Starting to get some relief.  I did an insane track workout that night.

Wednesday - I did water running in the morning.  Then boredom at work truly kicked in.  Can you tell from these pictures?
















I was meant to run with Team:Work at night but we called it because of the rain.  So I found myself doing a 1-mile run in the rain when I got home, just to keep up the running streak.



Thursday was actually a heavier workout day than Tuesday was.  My calves have not been the same since.  I got up at 5:15am and headed over to the gym for some quality time on the elliptical.  I would've preferred to run outside but it was still raining.  I cooled down on the track.
      

 I was at a training all day.  Wearing my calf compression sleeves, which usually helps.  The training was packed.  It was snowing outside.




Then I headed back to the Magna challenge people and spent even more time on an elliptical as part of another workout.  I think originally thought that's where my problems came from.  Like the first time was okay but the second was a bit too much.   Turns out backwards lunges and lunges in any other direction are the real culprit.  Boo.
I had Thai for dinner and got the best fortune ever for the fortune cookie game.



Friday I spent most of the day hooking up a new modem/gateway for my former clinical supervisor.  My thank you was an invitation to her Cape Cod cottage next summer.  Hell yes I will.  I didn't want to work out too hard, still thinking I was going to race the next day so I ran my mile and then walked for an hour listening to Car Talk.  Nike thinks I worked out twice in a day.  Whatever.
 



I had one of the best dinners ever - Fried plantain; lentil burgers and guacamole.   Yum!
  

Saturday I ran the Monster Dash.

Nike thinks my workouts for the week/month look like this.  You can see the big gap after the marathon, and then a bunch of shorter distance runs.  Now days that don't have a Nike workout are days I was doing the elliptical which Nike doesn't understand.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment