29.10.12

Sunday - Long workouts

It's Sunday night.  I already have a case of the Mondays.  Why are Mondays the worst day ever?  Even Castle Mondays don't get good until the end of the day.  Sigh.

Today I woke up in a strange place at the Qat Lady's place after responsibly deciding I didn't want to drive last night.  We headed over to a new breakfast place that had awesome pumpkin spice pancakes.  Then I was left to my own devices for the rest of the day. 

Eventually I headed over to the gym to get in some serious working out.  Oy.

1-mile run: Yes, I'm still running, even on the days I'm not running.  I run much faster on the track than I do outside.  Like a minute per mile faster.  True.




Magna workout: Torture!  I completed this workout after the run (yes, including the second and third rounds of everything) then started on the *second* complete workout.  Because of timing, I completed parts of it after Zumba, but I got in two complete workouts of this thing.
  • Did you know, ever since the day I bit it on my bike, tricep dips and similar exercises feel very uncomfortable on my hands?  I hate them.  So I used weights instead of doing dips for the second round
  • Back lunges are from the devil and responsible for a serious amount of the calf pain I'm experiencing now.  (I can't tell if compression sleeves are helping or increasing the pain.)
  • Falling pushups are actually easier than Walkouts.  Fine; have it your way.
  • Decline plank toe taps - hard.
  • Plank walks - I could not possibly have done those right because I thought they were easy and I'm horrible at planks.
  • Clock lunges - similarly painful to back lunges.  My calves will never forgive me.


Zumba: The Sunday night class is much smaller and so much more white than any Zumba class I've been to at the Y.  I couldn't make Saturday Zumba, as I alluded to so I really wanted to go.  The class was so small I got right up front.  Surprise.   It was actually harder to follow the moves from the front row 'cause I could only see the instructor and no other people.  Which meant if I turned to one side I couldn't see anyone.  Huh.  I don't know if I'll go again.  I really like the big classes on Saturday and desperately want to get back to the Thursday class as well.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment