26.9.12

Taper: Elliptical

Suddenly I hate music while exercising?  That can't be right.

I have the day off work for Yom Kippur.  To those of you who observe, I hope you are having an easy fast.  But for me that meant one thing: sleep in!  I finally drug myself out of bed and hit the gym a little after 9am.  The parking lot was crazy busy but the fitness floor was fine.  I don't know where everyone was.

I got on the elliptical and was all "oh, my old friend" like I really missed working out on the elliptical since I haven't been doing it much recently.  Yeah, that lasted about two minutes.  Then I was all "this is so boring, no wonder I haven't done this in a while".  WTF?  That's unusual becuase I typically like the elliptical.  I started to put in some tunes because as previously mentioned running without music is not the same as the elliptical without music.  I don't know what was my issue though because I hated almost every song that came on.  Apparently I was tired and cranky.  The 'fitness' part of the workout was fine, not too hard and not too easy.  Afterwards I was careful to stretch and foam roller to facilitate recovery.  I'm tapering. 

Walking a cool down lap on the track
I came home and had breakfast.  Followed by a nap.  I think I was a cat in a previous life because laying on the couch and napping is one of my favorite things to do.  Ever.  Shortly after the nap I went on a cleaning jag.  I understand that does not equal the suffering of fasting for 24 hours, but it was impressive for me to get that much cleaning done in one afternoon.  I am now back on the couch where I belong cuing up for my second nap of the day.  I may or may not have dinner plans afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment