29.9.12

Saturday 4 Miler

 
Despite using "I'm tapering" as an excuse to get out of almost anything, I am still running.  Today I had a four miler to do and picked a route I haven't done in ages.  This is my "neighborhood" route, and it was the route I used back in the beginning of time when I was just learning to run. 


Once I finally drug myself out of bed, I grabbed my shoes and hit the road.  Today marks the first time that I didn't even bother to bring ear buds along on the run, so I was totally sans music the entire time.  Just me and the sound of my own awesomeness the sound of my feet hitting the pavement.  This is the 'hilliest' (and I use that term loosely) of all the routes I run around here.


This run just proves I badly need a pacer.  My pace today looked like this: all over the place.


The run was fairly gorgeous.  The leaves are turning and the fall colors and getting more and more impressive by the moment.  I think this wont be the greatest fall we've ever had, with the drought and weather that's been all over the place, but it is nice to get a peak at the bright red maples before everything dies for the year.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment