25.8.12

Holy Goblet Squats - I am so sore

This week was a step back week in marathon training so the "seven miles" I did Wednesday night on the elliptical should have been the hardest workout.  Oops.  Thursday was a long day, followed by workouts on Friday and Saturday.

Thursday - Run I did a quick four miler on Thursday morning.  Sometimes it's just better to run before going in to work.  Thursday was no exception.  I went out sort of fast.  So miles 1-3 were like "wow, this is fun, I don't normally go this fast" and mile 4 was all "don't poop your pants".  Awesome.  It looked like this:
When I got home and uploaded the workout I had a special treat.  Nike thinks I've earned 1,000,000 NikeFuel points.  (I still don't know what that is.)  The robot did a little dance and a backflip for me though, so that was cute.

Thursday - Circuit  Circuit was partly The Spartacus Workout.  The parts that were from Spartacus were Double Medicine Ball Push Ups and Goblet Squats.  As a result, I cannot do anything with my arms, including scoop ice cream.  And my inner legs hate me.  The rest of circuit was really fun, especially when the teacher came over to tell me how much I'd improved since I started their class.  Nice.

Thursday - Zumba  I love Zumba.  It's a great way to end the work week.

Friday - Bonus Zumba with Jenna which was hilarious because there were a couple songs where I was doing the wrong routine.  My Zumba teacher would be so proud.  Jenna had an hilarious set of circumstances going on that day with some other stuff, including a computer being taken apart, and no printer.  Also she has a new dog.

Saturday - Run with Beth  We agreed it was quite muggy.  It's hard to run in the muggy.  Luckily we got a break in the middle when I saw a guy from another Ragnar team and we stopped to chat.  Really I just wanted to see Beth because I wanted to hear more about her new job.  Then Beth tried to kill me at the end because she is very speedy.  It's good for me to run with her.  Saturday's run looked like this:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment