17.5.12

Water Running and Circuit and Zumba! Oh my!

How do I train for a marathon?  This year, apparently I'll do anything except run. 

Yesterday was High Intensity Water Running.  Man did that class deliver.  For those of you who've never done it - the idea is to 'run' in the water which reduces the amount of stress on my joints while still giving the same cardiovascular workout.  (Read: I was sucking wind the entire time.)  We do some drills to work on running form and some to work on frequency and leg turnover.

The rest of the day was much easier although not totally productive.  Bonnie and I went to Ikea to get lightbulbs for my lamp.  She decided Sprout was sad and I decided the only way to make him feel better was to fix that lamp.  Sprout really isn't a summer plant.  I don't know why.
 
At the team meeting we packed bags and got ready for our big party next week.  Nice.
 Guess how I felt about the rest of the meeting.

I love that it's the end of the day and the sun in still shining. 

Today I 'woke up' before my alarm just long enough to turn it off.  The sleeping MONSTER hit me this morning.  After multiple attempts,  I finally made it out of bed about 2 hours after the initial goal time.  Work was basically great.  I visited two people I hadn't seen in some time and I got a lot of support about the situation from the only person I could really talk to about it.

Pictured is the dumbest intersection in all of St Paul.  The backup this intersection causes on both 35E and 94 westbound is impressive. 



I find myself looking forward to Thursdays more and more.  Why?  First - it's my Friday so by the time I'm at the YWCA for class, I'm usually done for the week.  Second - I really like the fitness classes I take on Thursdays.  Circuit has really nice teachers.  (I don't know why they took me seriously when I asked for double bosu burpees but whatever.)  Zumba is just fun as hell.  I really like the music and the dancing piece is getting funner and funner.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment