7.5.12

This running habbit....

The last couple weeks have been rough.  Between upset stomachs, migraines, sinus infections and crap in my lungs, I've missed a lot of work and running.  I'm trying to be patient with myself but also trying to get better.  It's a bit of a push me pull you situation.

Friday I did very little.  I worked from home for about an hour.  I figured out work screwed up my paycheck for the second time this year.  Awesome.  But mostly I lay on the couch.  Double awesome.

Saturday I decided I had to move myself.  I originally thought of a longer run but when I woke up the humidity was above 90% so instead I headed to the gym.

I worked very hard on the elliptical, then on the rowing machine and took a cool down lap on the track.  The A/C isn't on at the gym yet.  Turns out it didn't matter that I was inside, it was just as humid.  Oy.  I finished the day with a Pilates class.  The teacher on Saturday is my favorite.

After the gym, I headed off to prepare for Qat Lady and My Pooky Bear's graduation party.  One of us has been in school since 2005 when I started grad school.  I'm thrilled they're done.  Also very proud of them because they worked their tails off.

I stopped by Zipps and got an impressive assortment of alcohol.  In the rain.

Then I drove down to Party City to get some helium balloons for Pooky Bear's front door.  In the rain.  They gave me special instructions for transporting the balloon bouquets because apparently when there's more than one they can get tangled. 
When I showed up, my Pooky Bear took the alcohol and balloons and then sent me away because I was all wet and she didn't want me messing up her clean house.  (Whatever.  At least I didn't have to help clean it.)  I went home and changed into grown up clothes and then came back for the party.


The theme was Tacos.  And alcohol.  Because after that long in school, they've both earned it.  Trust me.

I got home around midnight and checked the weather.  Booo!  I was meant to be handing out water at a half marathon and the weather looked unpleasant.  I picked out some clothes, set my alarm and went to bed.

At 6:27am this morning my alarm woke me up.  The rain had passed through quicker than forecasted last night but it still looked pretty bleak. 
 
We were the Mile 3 Water Stop of the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon.  Here's what I have to say: we needed more tables.  We had plenty of time to pour water but had to stop because we ran out of space for the cups.  Obviously we ran out of poured water and were trampled by runners because we couldn't keep up.  Give me a second table next time.

After the race I was inspired to do my own workout.  I headed back to the gym and did a similar workout to the one I did a couple weeks ago. It was slightly easier this time because there's much less crap in my lungs and I was more reasonable about pacing.  It's still a challenging workout.

I meant to go to the May Day Parade but took a nap instead.  When I woke up, I found that I'll have a second chance next week since the park where they end the parade is full of water.  Full of water meaning not including the pond that's supposed to be there. 

I did a little cleaning and then laundry.  Laundry loads cost $0.25 more than last week and the load cycle is shorter by about six minutes on the washing machines.  The dryer also costs $0.25 more and the load cycle is 15 minutes longer.  Fascinating.

These flowers (some of my favorites) are growing right by my patio.  They look nice after all the rain we've had.


No comments:

Post a Comment