21.5.12

Sunday Sprints and other fun things

I'm starting to make peace with not working out on Saturdays.  I didn't have any more mileage for the week and there wasn't anything else I wanted to accomplish.  So I stayed on the couch all day and watched season 1 of Grimm.

Today, I was much more productive.

10am I got out of bed.  Productivity improved greatly from there. 
10-ish It's the first weekend of the Kingfield Farmer's MarketWin!  The weather was totally crappy and sprinkling out.  Number of people that deterred: Zero.  It was packed.  I got my first eggs and bacon (bacon!) of the season.


Most of the afternoon was spent on the couch.  I caught up on missed episodes of Psych! and then started in on Franklin and Bash which looks promising.

4:30 or so I finally made peace with the fact that I had to run.  I headed over to the gym for a 'pyramid' workout.  That's sprint 1 lap, rest 1, sprint 2 laps, rest 1, etc.  It's an intense workout.  I tend to run faster because I know I'm going to get a resting (walking) lap.  It's a challenging workout, although different than some other speed workouts because it always involves a rest.

It was a pretty day on the track with the sun shining in the west windows.  It was pretty much the only time the sun was shining all day.



In a moment of awesomeness after the workout, I locked my key in the locker when I went to take a shower.  Thank you to the nice lady who went to the front desk and got someone to cut my lock off for me.  It's kind of funny it took me like eight years of going to the Y for that to finally happen.  I guess I'm off to Target this week to buy another lock.

6ish I made it to the co-op for the rest of my food.  I'd settled on two recipes this week.  Couscous, Lentil and Arugula Salad is a new one and the jury is out.  I had to adapt the recipe slightly to accommodate my lunch needs.  I have the lentils and couscous in one container with most of the vinaigrette, veggies chopped and in another container with more vinaigrette.  The arugula (some little man with a farm nearby grew it for me) and feta are still separate.  I'll put it together right before I eat it. 
Jicama and Cucumber Chili Spears is an old favorite.  Love it.   It's a miracle I haven't eaten it all already.

Seen outside my co op.  Just look at the front seat.  How does this guy see to drive? 



I talked to Mom and Dad most of the evening while I was cooking. It's nice to talk to someone while chopping ten pounds of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment