3.5.12

Happy 1600 - it's been a rough week

For my 1600th post, I'll tell you all about the adventure that has been the last few days.

Soundtrack to the last few days: Go To Sleep Little Baby - O Brother Where Art Thou(Side note: I hate YouTube's use of HTML5)



 

 Monday I had one last run in Cincinnati and I made sure it had lots of hills.  Oy. 

 

Then I cooked my mom breakfast and headed to the airport.  The flight was fairly awesome becuase I sat next to this guy who was English.   I could listen to the accent all day.

Monday evening I felt like trash so once I landed in Minneapolis, I came home and found my couch.


Tuesday I meant to get up and run but still felt like garbage.  I slept in until... well I got to work around 10am.  Ultimately I left around 3:30pm due to an impending migraine.  Bastard.  I took some drugs which should have worked but didn't.  Boo because they were strong drugs.

Wednesday I woke up with a sinus headache masquerading as a migraine.  Suck it.  I called in sick and took two benadryl.  I knew that would kill all my issues.  Wednesday I looked like this most of the day:

Today I decided not to be sick anymore.  Probably a good thing since it was a full day at work.  I had a surprise care conference.  And by surprise I mean "Surprise, you can't do that becuase there's no freaking way to pay for it.  This is why I called you weeks ago and gave you my number."  Excellent.  Work was really fine and then I had a nice training, also with an English guy.  Still loved the accent.

Just FYI, I hate Hiawatha Avenue.


After work I did make it to the gym.  Where the air conditioning was not in use.  (Ssee how sweaty I am?)  Circuit was rough tonight but the teacher said everyone looked like they were dying, not just me.  I did stay for Zumba which is in a different room with much better climate control.  I know I'm starting to recover because I felt better after the workouts than before.  Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment